- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
Amount per serving:
Total Calories: 306kcal (15%)
- 199mg Sodium
- 13g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 12g (18%) Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 8g Sugars
- 37g Protein
- 20mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
Recipes adapted with permission from Healthy 1-2-3 by Rozanne Gold (Stewart Tabori & Chang, 2001).
Nutritional analysis by Linwood, N.J., nutritionist Helen Kimmel, M.S., R.D.
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus extra
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large ripe avocado (3/4 pound)
- 1 very large ripe mango (about 1 pound)
1. In a large nonstick skillet, bring 2 inches of salted water (about 1 teaspoon salt) to a boil. Add chicken breasts. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes on one side. Turn chicken and repeat. Lower heat to a simmer, cover pan, and cook chicken for 2 more minutes. Remove pan from heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes, or until chicken is just firm to the touch. Remove from water and wrap each portion of chicken in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1/2 hour.
2. Meanwhile, use a small, sharp knife to skin mango and cut the flesh from the pit. Cut three-quarters of the flesh into chunks and place in a blender. Cut avocado in half and remove the pit. Cut half of avocado into chunks and add to blender with a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of water. Process until very smooth. (You should end up with about 1 2/3 cups of mousseline sauce).
3. Spoon the mousseline sauce onto four plates, spreading it slightly with the back of a spoon to create a "bed" for the chicken. Cut cooled chicken breasts into thick slices. Lay in overlapping slices on top of the mousseline sauce. Cut the remaining mango and avocado into thin slices and use to garnish.