- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
Amount per serving:
Total Calories: 347kcal (17%)
- 590mg (25%) Sodium
- 21g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 17g (26%) Fat
- 3g (13%) Saturated Fat
- 10g Sugars
- 27g Protein
- 51mg (5%) Calcium
- 1mg (6%) Iron
This crispy chicken recipe gets an omega-3 boost from walnuts. Plus, the chicken fingers are great with the mustard dipping sauce.
- For the Chicken Fingers:1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- For the Chicken Fingers:2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- For the Chicken Fingers:1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- For the Chicken Fingers:1 pound chicken tenders, trimmed
- For the Chicken Fingers:1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- For the Chicken Fingers:1/2 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- For the Chicken Fingers:1/4 cup walnuts
- For the Chicken Fingers:2 tablespoons wheat germ
- For the Chicken Fingers:2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- For the Chicken Fingers:1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- For the Chicken Fingers:1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the Chicken Fingers:Cooking spray
- For the Mustard Dipping Sauce:3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- For the Mustard Dipping Sauce:2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- For the Mustard Dipping Sauce:2 tablespoons honey
- For the Mustard Dipping Sauce:1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- For the Mustard Dipping Sauce:1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- For the Mustard Dipping Sauce:Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine mustard, mayonnaise, and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Add chicken tenders, coat well, and set aside.
Pour oil into a small nonstick skillet and heat over medium. Add panko and toast for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often, until crumbs are golden. Transfer to a shallow dish.
Arrange walnuts on a baking sheet; toast in oven for 2 to 3 minutes until just fragrant. Let cool, then finely chop and add to panko with wheat germ, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
Set a wire rack over a large baking sheet; spray lightly with cooking spray.
Dredge chicken fingers in crumb mixture and arrange on rack. Spray chicken lightly with cooking spray and bake for 12 minutes or until just cooked through.
While chicken is baking, combine ingredients for dipping sauce in a small bowl. Divide among four small ramekins. Serve with the chicken fingers.