- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
Amount per serving:
Total Calories: 307kcal (15%)
- 1253mg (52%) Sodium
- 42g Carbs
- 13g Fiber
- 6g (9%) Fat
- 3g (16%) Saturated Fat
- 20g Sugars
- 23g Protein
- 563mg (56%) Calcium
- 5mg (27%) Iron
- 1 pound eggplant, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim, low-moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season eggplant with salt and pepper to taste and roast for 15 minutes, covering the bottom of a cooking spray-coated glass baking dish with slices. Layer with half the sauce and half the tomatoes.
Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon each of basil and Italian seasoning, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Top with half the ricotta and half the mozzarella. Repeat layers.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is golden.