- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: less than 15 minutes
- Prep: 2 min.
- Cook: 13 min.
- 121mg (5%) Sodium
- 8g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 3g (4%) Fat
- 1g (5%) Saturated Fat
- 2g Sugars
- 4g Protein
- 21mg (2%) Calcium
- 1mg (7%) Iron
This dish brims with flavor but is low in cholesterol and fat.
Appropiate for: vegetarian, Paleo, low-carb, low-sugar diets
NOTE: Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.
- 1 1/4 pounds wild mushrooms, such as portobello caps and oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Trim mushrooms (such as cutting stems off oyster mushrooms) as necessary. Place oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add onion, sage, and mushrooms; sauté for about 13 minutes. Stir in sour cream and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.