David Kirsch's Low-Fat Turkey Chili
Nutrition Score per serving
|1||lb||lean ground turkey meat|
|1||c||peeled and grated carrot|
|1||clove of garlic, minced|
|1⁄8||t||ground cayenne pepper|
|2||oz||chopped plum tomato, in juice|
|pn||Salt and pepper|
2. Add the turkey, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, breaking up the turkey into pieces, until browned.
3. Remove to a bowl, and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Reduce the heat to low, and add the carrot, onion, celery, and garlic. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
5. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, and cayenne. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
6. Increase the heat to medium, and add the tomato, stock, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat.
7. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes, covered.
8. Add the browned turkey, and simmer for 5 minutes more.
9. Remove and discard the bay leaf before serving.