- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 35 minutes
Amount per serving:
Total Calories: 332kcal (17%)
- 201mg (8%) Sodium
- 48g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 11g (18%) Fat
- 1g (7%) Saturated Fat
- 4g Sugars
- 9g Protein
- 52mg (5%) Calcium
- 2mg (13%) Iron
Enjoy the classic Italian flavors of pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and lemon zest in this linguine recipe. You’ll never believe it’s such a healthy pasta dish!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 cups thinly sliced snow peas
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- Lemon zest from 1 large lemon
To make the pesto, combine basil, garlic, pine nuts, and 3 tablespoons oil in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until mixture forms a chunky-smooth paste, scraping down sides of work bowl as necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add linguine; cook 4 minutes. Add snow peas; cook 3 more minutes.
While linguine cooks, heat remaining oil in a medium skillet over medium. Sauté onion, tomatoes, and olives for about 6 minutes or until onions are translucent.
Drain linguine and return to cooking pot; stir in pesto. Divide linguine among 6 plates. Top each with an even portion of the sun-dried tomato mixture and lemon zest and serve.