French Silk Tartlets
Nutrition Score per serving
(1 tartlet): 218 calories
|6||graham cracker sheets|
|2||t||plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder|
|10||oz||light firm silken tofu|
|1⁄4||c||unsweetened apple juice|
|1⁄4||c||semisweet chocolate chips|
|2||T||unsweetened whole raspberries, frozen or fresh|
|4||fresh mint sprigs (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 4 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Break graham crackers into blender and process on “chop” for 5 seconds. Stir and process again; repeat until fine. Place crumbs in a small bowl and stir in 2 teaspoons cocoa powder. Process egg whites in blender on “mix” for about 8 seconds or until slightly frothy.
- Mix egg whites into crumb mixture until moistened, then place about 2 tablespoons in each muffin tin cup. Press into thin crusts using moistened fingers.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly browned and crispy; let cool.
- Break tofu block into smaller pieces while crusts are baking and place in blender with apple juice. Pure?e for about 10 seconds or until smooth. (Stop and scrape down sides if necessary.)
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container and heat on medium for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for 30 seconds more; repeat until chips are evenly melted. Add chocolate, honey, and remaining cocoa powder to blender; process until evenly mixed.
- Reserve a few raspberries for garnish, then place remaining fruit in a small bowl and lightly macerate with a fork. Divide evenly among crusts.
- Divide tofu mixture evenly among crusts. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. —WENDY HESS, R.D.
The French silk tastes great – and it’s also one of Shape’s healthy desserts that fits well into your balanced healthy diet.