- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 30 minutes
- Prep: 15 mins
- 154mg (6%) Sodium
- 20g Carbs
- 8g Fiber
- 15g (23%) Fat
- 2g (11%) Saturated Fat
- 10g Sugars
- 3g Protein
- 20mg (2%) Calcium
- 1mg (4%) Iron
Heart-healthy guacamole dip gets a boost of four kinds of vitamins and minerals from the fruit in this recipe.
Guacamole recipe courtesy of Julian Medina, executive chef and owner of Toloache restaurant in New York City.
Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.
- 2 Haas avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 yellow peach, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 habanero pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 1 teaspoon slivered basil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
1. Using a small knife, cut each avocado in half and remove the pit. Cut the flesh of each avocado lengthwise 4 times, then crosswise 4 times to form small cubes. Scoop cubes into a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork until chunky.
2. Stir in the next 7 ingredients and 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds; season with salt. Garnish with remaining pomegranate seeds and serve immediately with warm corn tortillas or chips.