- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: under 15 minutes
- Prep: 2 minutes
- Cook: 8 minutes
- 918mg Sodium
- 41g Carbs
- 3g Fiber
- 25g Fat
- 9g Saturated Fat
- 2g Sugars
- 19g Protein
- 298mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
This is an amazing vegetarian recipe for entertaining guests. With minimal effort, ingredients, and tools, you can have dinner on the table in 10 minutes! Tasty tomato soup rounds out this easy meal. Recipe courtesy of Cara Eisenpress and Phoebe Lapine of Big Girls, Small Kitchen.
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup pesto (purchased or homemade)
- 10 slices mozzarella
1. Set the oven to broil.
2. Slice the ciabatta bread down the middle. Lay both halves on a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on the inside of the top half only.
3. Put the bread in the oven for a few minutes, until the bread is slightly crispy on the top, but not yet beginning to brown.
4. Remove from oven and slather the pesto on the bottom half of the bread. You can be as generous as you'd like.
5. Lay the mozzarella slices over the pesto in an even layer or two.
6. Put the two halves together and press down so the sandwich sticks slightly. Return to the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the outside of the loaf is nice and crispy.
*Nutritional information is based on using a 16-ounce ciabatta bread, 10 ounces of mozzarella, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.