- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: Less than 1 hour
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- 1447mg Sodium
- 33g Carbs
- 14g Fiber
- 7g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 8g Sugars
- 37g Protein
- 146mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
- 1 8-ounce king mackerel or trout fillet, skinned and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Italian dressing (vinaigrette style)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend (Sargento) or reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
1. Combine king mackerel or trout cubes and fat-free Italian dressing in a shallow dish and stir to coat fish with dressing. Let stand 15 minutes. Add flour and toss to coat.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a baking dish (such as an 8-inch square baking pan) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
3. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper and saute two minutes, until soft.
4. Add king mackerel or trout and cook two minutes, until fish is opaque, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa and cilantro and mix well. Remove from heat.
5. Spoon fish mixture onto whole-wheat tortillas, roll up, and place seam side down in prepared pan. Spoon remaining salsa over top and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
6. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, until cheese melts.