- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 1 hour
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 337mg Sodium
- 57g Carbs
- 6g Fiber
- 5g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 1g Sugars
- 19g Protein
- 218mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 1 8-ounce box uncooked whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 8-ounce container fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
2. Meanwhile, melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Transfer 1/2 tablespoon of the margarine to a small bowl. Add bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Mix with a fork until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
3. Add Cheddar and mustard to remaining 2 tablespoons of melted margarine. Set pan over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes, until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Add sour-cream-macaroni mixture and peas. Cook for 1 minute to heat through, stirring constantly to coat macaroni with melted cheese.
4. Transfer mixture to individual plates and top with bread-crumb mixture.
5. Serve with a salad of mixed baby greens, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.