- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 30 minutes
- Prep: 18 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- 537mg Sodium
- 7g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 13g Fat
- 3g Saturated Fat
- 3g Sugars
- 19g Protein
- 41mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
- 12 ounces well-trimmed flank steak
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inchwide strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 12 small Boston lettuce leaves
- Lime wedges
2. In a medium bowl combine steak, garlic, sherry, cornstarch, soy sauce, and pepper. Stir in 1 teaspoon oil.
3. Heat a 14-inch flat bottom wok or 12-inch skillet over high.
4. Swirl in 2 teaspoons oil, add bell pepper and onion, and stir-fry for 1 minute or until peppers begin to soften. Transfer vegetables to a plate or bowl. Swirl in remaining tablespoon of oil; add steak and spread evenly in 1 layer in pan. Cook undisturbed for 1 minute, letting steak begin to sear.
5. Add chili powder and stir-fry for 15 seconds or until just combined. Add bell pepper-onion mixture and salt and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until steak is just cooked through. Stir in cilantro.
6. Divide lettuce leaves among 4 plates and top each one with about 1/4 cup of steak mixture. Squeeze lime wedges over steak; fold lettuce leaf over and eat it like a taco.