- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 10
- Start to Finish: under 4 hours
- Prep: 20 minutes (plus 45 minutes of chilling time for dough)
- Cook: 60 minutes
- 91mg Sodium
- 45g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 14g Fat
- 6g Saturated Fat
- 24g Sugars
- 5g Protein
- 40mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, chilled
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons walnut or vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- For the Filling and Topping:
- 2 pounds ripe peaches (about 6 medium), peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chilled salted butter, cut into bits
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
To make the crust:
1. Whisk together flours in a medium bowl. Cut in butter and cream cheese with your fingers (or a pastry blender or fork); mix until crumbly.
2. Stir in oil, then orange juice; continue until dough comes together in bowl.
3. Gather pastry into a ball, knead a few times, and press into a flattened disk.
4. Wrap in wax paper; refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
5. Place chilled dough between two large pieces of wax paper; roll into a 12-inch circle. (If you've chilled overnight, let soften 10 minutes at room temperature before rolling out.)
6. Peel off top sheet of wax paper; transfer dough, wax paper side up, to a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan. Gently press dough onto bottom and up sides of pan.
7. Peel off paper; crimp top edges of dough to form a rim. Prick dough in several places with a fork; refrigerate 15 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake crust 15 minutes; let cool.
To make filling and topping:
1. Combine peaches and blueberries in a large bowl. Gently toss with lemon juice.
2. Whisk together granulated sugar, cornstarch, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour over peach-blueberry mixture; toss to blend.
3. Transfer fruit mixture to cooled shell. Coat edges of crust with nonstick cooking spray and bake pie (topless) 25 minutes.
4. While pie bakes, make topping by stirring together whole-wheat pastry flour with rolled oats, light brown sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Using your fingers (or a fork or pastry blender), cut in butter until evenly distributed. Stir in orange juice concentrate and nuts.
5. After pie has baked 25 minutes, remove from oven; scatter topping over fruit. Bake 20 minutes more or until juices are bubbly and thick around edges. Cool 1 hour before slicing into 10 wedges.