- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 2 hours
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 40 minutes
- 592mg Sodium
- 80g Carbs
- 7g Fiber
- 11g Fat
- 6g Saturated Fat
- 39g Sugars
- 6g Protein
- 59mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered toasted almonds
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons raisins, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes and strained
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, salt, and 4 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl.
2. Slice butter into 1-inch cubes and add to flour.
3. Blend by hand or with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Stir in almonds.
4. Combine apples, pears, and raisins in a separate large bowl; add remaining sugar, cinnamon, and cloves.
5. Coat a 9-inch square cake pan with cooking spray. Spread fruit in dish and cover with crumble mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.