Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti Recipe
Nutrition Score per serving
|2||c||white whole- wheat flour|
|1⁄2||c||almond flour (available at specialty stores)|
|2||large eggs, 1 separated|
|1⁄4||c||light olive oil|
|1⁄2||c||plus 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar|
|2||t||finely grated orange zest|
|1⁄2||c||coarsely chopped dried apricots|
|1⁄2||c||coarsely chopped dried cranberries|
|1⁄2||c||coarsely chopped unsalted pistachios|
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together 1 whole egg, 1 yolk (reserve egg white), olive oil, and 1⁄2 cup sugar with a wooden spoon until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture while mixing until just combined. Stir in orange zest, apricots, cranberries, and pistachios..
4. On a floured work surface, form dough into 2 logs approximately 10 inches long. Place on the baking sheet and flatten each log until about 1 inch high and 2 inches wide. Brush each log with reserved egg white and sprinkle with reserved tablespoon of sugar.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and surfaces begin to crack. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes, then place logs onto a cutting board using a large spatula.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. When logs are cool enough to handle, cut into 1⁄2-inch-thick slices on the diagonal using a serrated knife. Return slices to baking sheet and bake for 10 to15 minutes more, depending on the crispness desired. Cool completely on a wire rack.