- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: under 15 minutes
- Prep: 5 to 6 minutes
- Cook: 5 to 6 minutes
- 239mg Sodium
- 59g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 8g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 4g Sugars
- 12g Protein
- 24mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
- 1 pound fresh pasta
- 6 tablespoon commercial pesto sauce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup pre-washed torn basil leaves
1. Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until al dente, about 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Drain in a colander, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of the reserved water back into pot and turn heat to medium-high. Add pesto sauce, cherry tomatoes, and basil leaves.
4. Stir until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt if necessary.
5. Turn heat off. Add pasta and stir until well coated. If sauce seems dry, add the remaining 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Boost Nutrition: Stir in 6 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese just before serving to add 23 calories, 2g fat, 2g protein, and 68mg calcium. Sprinkle 4 tablespoons of pine nuts over pasta just before serving to add 23 calories, 2g fat, and 1g protein.
*Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.