- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 20
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 40 to 50 minutes
- 56mg Sodium
- 25g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 7g Fat
- 4g Saturated Fat
- 18g Sugars
- 4g Protein
- 22mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- For the Cake:
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, slightly thawed
- For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon evaporated cane juice
- Seeds scraped from 1/2 vanilla bean
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch tube or Bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, flour, 1/3 cup evaporated cane juice, and salt; sift by hand.
3. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until frothy. Fold in 1 cup evaporated cane juice, extracts, and the flour mixture.
4. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool; loosen sides and bottom of cake with a knife and turn upside down onto a plate to remove from pan.
5. About 15 minutes before serving, combine raspberries and remaining 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice in a medium bowl and set aside.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream, evaporated cane juice, and vanilla seeds. Top each slice of cake with raspberries and whipped cream immediately before serving.