- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 15 minutes
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
Amount per serving:
Total Calories: 644kcal (32%)
- 677mg (28%) Sodium
- 44g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 38g (58%) Fat
- 8g (38%) Saturated Fat
- 1g Sugars
- 34g Protein
- 60mg (6%) Calcium
- 6mg (34%) Iron
This protein-packed meal is ready in just 15 minutes.
- 10 ounces uncooked Chinese noodles (mein)
- 2 teaspoons roasted peanut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound top round, trimmed of fat and sliced against the grain into thin strips
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cup romaine lettuce, thinly shredded
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Boil a large pot of water. Add Chinese noodles and cook for 3 minutes, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, set wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil and swirl to coat pan. Add garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add beef and stir-fry for 3 minutes, until browned on all sides, stirring constantly. Add 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Divide noodles among 4 dinner plates. Top with lettuce and then beef mixture. Sprinkle peanuts over top and serve.