- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: under 2 hours
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: Chill Time:1 hour
Amount per serving:
Total Calories: 368kcal (18%)
- 206mg (9%) Sodium
- 40g Carbs
- 13g Fiber
- 21g (32%) Fat
- 5g (23%) Saturated Fat
- 8g Sugars
- 12g Protein
- 120mg (12%) Calcium
- 3mg (15%) Iron
You'll have leftover saladita after making this recipe.
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (see Notes)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (see Notes)
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons very finely minced poblano chile
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons very finely minced red onion
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 large cucumbers, preferably English seedless
- 2 medium firm, but ripe, avocados
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. In a medium bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients (corn through cilantro) and mix well. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before using.
2. Meanwhile, prepare cucumbers: Peel (if not using English seedless) and cut in half lengthwise. With a small pointed teaspoon, scrape out and discard seeds.
3. About 15 minutes before serving, remove corn bean saladita from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. Dice avocados and stir them in gently. Add pepper to taste.
4. Fill each cucumber half with about 1/3 cup saladita. Garnish with feta and serve cold or at room temperature.