- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
Amount per serving:
Total Calories: 105kcal (5%)
- 573mg (24%) Sodium
- 21g Carbs
- 7g Fiber
- 1g (1%) Fat
- 0g (1%) Saturated Fat
- 11g Sugars
- 5g Protein
- 77mg (8%) Calcium
- 2mg (10%) Iron
This warm, seasonal soup is filling and satisfying even without cream.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 5 cup low-sodium chicken broth, canned or homemade
- 1 dried hot chili pepper, any type (optional)
- 4 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1. In a large (5-quart) saucepan, combine all ingredients except cilantro. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots are tender.
2. Transfer mixture to a food processor in batches, 2-3 cups at a time. Purée until smooth.
3. Return puree to saucepan and reheat. Stir in chopped cilantro. Serve promptly.