- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: under 2 hours
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- 535mg (22%) Sodium
- 40g Carbs
- 6g Fiber
- 11g (17%) Fat
- 3g (16%) Saturated Fat
- 9g Sugars
- 25g Protein
- 181mg (18%) Calcium
- 4mg (22%) Iron
Mix tender bits of beef with leafy greens and top with this guilt-free creamy dressing for a scrumptious meal.
- 2 pounds Yukon gold or red bliss potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary, or 1 tbsp dried
- 1 pound flank steak
- 12 cups romaine hearts, chopped
- 12 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 8-ounce container nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 anchovies, or 1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cooking spray
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine potatoes, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and rosemary in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Scatter on baking sheet. Roast for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
3. Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak in oil for 8 minutes on each side, or until cooked to desired doneness.
4. Transfer the steak to a cutting board. Add 1/4 cup of water to a skillet and stir over low heat for 1 1/2 minutes, scraping up any brown bits that have stuck to bottom of the pan. Set aside. Cut the steak on a diagonal into thin slices. Keep warm.
5. Combine the dressing ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add skillet juices and pulse to combine.
6. Place romaine in a large salad bowl. Add tomatoes, potatoes, and dressing; toss to combine. Portion the salad among 6 large plates. Top with an equal amount of steak and Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.