- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- 838mg (35%) Sodium
- 34g Carbs
- 7g Fiber
- 18g (28%) Fat
- 3g (14%) Saturated Fat
- 11g Sugars
- 25g Protein
- 874mg (87%) Calcium
- 5mg (29%) Iron
Tofu has never been tastier!
- 1 16-ounce package firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly-sliced
- 6 clove garlic, minced
- 2 fresh chili peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, divided
- 4 cup bok choy, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
1. Put the tofu between two cutting boards; tip boards over the sink edge and drain liquid for 30 minutes. Cut into small cubes.
2. In a wok over high heat, sizzle the tofu in 1 1/2 tablespoons of hot oil for 5 minutes. Add the next three ingredients; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Remove from the wok. Keep warm.
3. Heat remaining oil in the wok. Stir-fry remaining vegetables until crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining soy sauce. Serve the vegetables topped with tofu mixture. Pass extra soy sauce.