- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 30 minutes
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 1416mg (59%) Sodium
- 57g Carbs
- 8g Fiber
- 1g (2%) Fat
- 0g (2%) Saturated Fat
- 6g Sugars
- 21g Protein
- 145mg (14%) Calcium
- 6mg (35%) Iron
- 8 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup alphabet pasta (or any small pasta)
- 1 15-ounce can cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 11-ounce can white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can black or white beans, rinsed and drained
1. Place broth in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add pasta and cook until pasta is al dente, about 5 minutes.
3. Add green beans, corn, and beans (black or white). Simmer 2 minutes to heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Boost Nutrition: Stir in two 6-ounce cans of chicken, drained and rinsed (adds 72 calories, 19 g carbs, 1 g fat, 12 g protein, 45 mg calcium) or in two 6-ounce cans small shrimp, rinsed and drained (adds 68 calories, 1 g carbs, 2 g fat, 11 g fiber, 14 g protein, 1 g saturated fat, 30 mg calcium).