- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 12-20 mins
- 1771mg (74%) Sodium
- 48g Carbs
- 16g Fiber
- 9g (14%) Fat
- 4g (18%) Saturated Fat
- 23g Sugars
- 34g Protein
- 307mg (31%) Calcium
- 10mg (53%) Iron
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated jalapeño (or to taste)
- 5 scallions, very thinly sliced, white and some green parts
- 8 cups very thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 cups packaged shredded carrots
- 1 cup loosely packed, roughly chopped mint
- 1 cup loosely packed, roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
1. Preheat broiler to high. In a small bowl, whisk together lime and orange juices, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar and jalapeño. Add scallions and set aside. In a large salad bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots, mint and cilantro. Set aside.
2. Season steak with salt and pepper and place on broiler pan. Broil, turning once, until done to your liking (about 6-7 minutes per side for medium rare, 8 minutes for medium, 9-10 minutes for well).
3. Remove meat to a cutting board and let cool 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
4. Add to cabbage salad, then add dressing and toss to coat evenly. Divide between 2 serving plates and serve immediately.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.