- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- 57mg (2%) Sodium
- 16g Carbs
- 1g Fiber
- 4g (6%) Fat
- 1g (6%) Saturated Fat
- 2g Sugars
- 7g Protein
- 35mg (4%) Calcium
- 1mg (7%) Iron
- 10 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into half rings
- 3 eggs
- Dash olive oil
- Green pepper and mushrooms (optional)
1. Peel and rinse the potatoes; dice them thinly.
2. Peel the onion and cut into half rings.
3. Fry the potatoes in plenty of hot oil. Add the onion into the frying pan when the potatoes are half done.
4. Leave over medium heat until both the potatoes and the onion are well done. Set aside over absorbent paper.
5. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and season with salt. Pour the drained potatoes and onion in the bowl and mix.
6. Remove the excess oil from the pan. Pour the mixture over the heated pan and cook until the bottom starts to brown.
7. Flip it over (using a plate) and gently slide the tortilla into the pan again so the uncooked part is face down and finish cooking.
Cooking TIp: Push down on the top to test it—the firmer it is, the more cooked it will be.
Nutritional information does not include optional green pepper or mushrooms.