- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 15 minutes
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 8 minutes
- 686mg Sodium
- 16g Carbs
- 3g Fiber
- 4g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 5g Sugars
- 35g Protein
- 316mg ( Calcium
- 2mg Iron
This nutritious meal is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C, fiber, folate, and iron.
- 2 6-ounce cans chunk white tuna in water, drained
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water-packed roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, stems trimmed
- 4 1-ounce slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Mix tuna, mayonnaise, red peppers, mustard, and black pepper together.
2. Arrange spinach leaves on bread slices. Top spinach with the tuna mixture and cheese slices.
3. Transfer sandwiches to a baking sheet and broil for 1-2 minutes, until cheese melts.