- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: less than 2 hours
- Prep: 30
- Cook: 40
- 647mg Sodium
- 70g Carbs
- 9g Fiber
- 24g Fat
- 5g Saturated Fat
- 3g Sugars
- 18g Protein
- 174mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound whole-wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, garlic, olives, salt, and red pepper. Let mixture sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
2. Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain pasta into a large colander, then transfer to a large bowl.
3. Toss linguine with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Place the tomato mixture in a sieve over a bowl to drain excess liquid, then lightly toss the mixture with the pasta. Add the basil, toss again, and serve.
*Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.