- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 5
- Start to Finish: 35 minutes, plus refrigeration
- 142mg Sodium
- 18g Carbs
- 1g Fiber
- 18g Fat
- 11g Saturated Fat
- 5g Protein
- 80mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
Paleo and gluten-free dieters often use cauliflower in place of rice in dishes like pilaf, stir-fry, and sushi, so why not do the same in coconut pudding?
- 1 small crown (1/2 pound) cauliflower
- 1/2 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese or coconut cream
1. Cut cauliflower into 1/2-inch florets. Pulse in a food processor until it resembles rice. Measure out 1/2 cup, and reserve the rest for another use.
2. Place cauliflower into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup coconut milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Heat in microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.
3. Whisk egg yolks and remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk in a medium bowl until combined and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes by hand or 1 minute with an electric mixer. Set aside.
4. Pour almond milk into a large saucepan over medium heat and add cream cheese. Stir constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and egg mixtures and stir constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour into 4 small ramekins or pudding dishes and refrigerate 1 to 3 hours.
Recipe provided by Maria Emmerich of MariaMindBodyHealth.com