- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: Less than 45 minutes
- 511mg Sodium
- 37g Carbs
- 7g Fiber
- 38g Fat
- 8g Saturated Fat
- 9g Protein
- 211mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
Autumn is the time to break out of your standard salad rut and explore heartier ingredients such as the sweet potato, apples, tangy cheeses, and maple dressing used in this delicious dish.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 medium apple, sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 cups lettuce, washed
- 2 ounces crumbled feta or Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss sweet potato with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a baking tray that has been lightly greased or covered with parchment paper, and roast for 25 to 30 minutes until potatoes start to brown. Remove from oven.
2. While potatoes roast, toast walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, shaking occasionally until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Place cooked potato, walnuts, apple, lettuce, and cheese in a large bowl. Whisk together oil, vinegar, maple syrup, and mustard. Toss dressing in salad and serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Erin Alderson of NaturallyElla.com