- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, tough outer leaves removed, inner leaves thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 can high-quality salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cool water. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 3 minutes. Turn off heat, cover, and set aside for 10 minutes. Remove eggs and place in a bowl of cold water until cool enough to peel. Quarter eggs lengthwise and set aside.
2. Fill another medium saucepan with 1 inch water. Place a steamer insert in the pot and bring water to a boil over high heat. Add green beans, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and steam until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Shock beans under cold water to stop the cooking, drain, and set aside.
3. Divide lettuce, chickpeas, and tomatoes among 4 shallow bowls. Top each serving with 1/4 salmon and 2 egg quarters. Arrange green beans on top.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, mustard, honey, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly until well blended. Drizzle dressing over salads and serve.
Recipe adapted from The Bikini Body Diet by Tara Kraft. Copyright Zinczenko/AMI Ventures, 2013.