5 Healthy Pizzas to Make at Home
Some days there's nothing better than a big ol' slice of pizza. Whether it's topped with foodie favorites like goat cheese, fig and prosciutto, or it's a traditional slice of pepperoni, pizza is so dang tasty and there are so many flavor combinations to choose from that the dish never gets old. But don't think that you have to get pizza only at your local chain! You can easily and quickly make a pizza at home that challenges the tastiness of any pizzeria pizza. Read on for SHAPE's top five healthy pizza recipes that you can make at home!
5 Healthy Homemade Pizza Recipes
1. Goat-Cheese Pizza with Spring Vegetables and Toasted Pine Nuts. This vegetarian pizza recipe uses store-bought pizza dough so you can have this on the table in just 40 minutes. That's almost faster than your pizzeria can deliver!
2. Healthy Sausage Pizza with Sweet Peppers. Swap your usual fatty sausage pizzeria pizza for this healthy pizza recipe that uses chicken sausage. Yum!
3. Greek Style Pizza with Ricotta and Feta. This healthy pizza recipe is for the cheese-lovers in the house! But don't worry, you get lots of veggies — spinach, fennel and tomatoes — with that cheese for added nutrition.
4. Grilled Caramelized-Onion Pizza with Rosemary, Olives and Prosciutto. This savory yet healthy pizza recipe has just 162 calories per slice, but is tasty enough to take on any pizzeria!
5. Peanut Butter and Banana Pizza. Pass up those high-calorie dessert pizzas and try this healthy dessert recipe instead. With filling fiber and protein, it's totally delicious as dessert!
Make these pizzeria-style pizzas at home and you'll save money — and calories!
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.