- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: Less than 1 hour
- 626mg Sodium
- 39g Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 1.5g Fat
- 0g Saturated Fat
- 21g Sugars
- 14g Protein
- 111mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
While Greek yogurt, quinoa, and apples may not sound too exciting on their own, combining them with flavorful spices makes one enticing, beautiful, and healthy dessert that evokes all the flavor of apple pie without the fat and calories.
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine apple, brown sugar, 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in an oven-safe dish. Roast apples until soft and caramelized, about 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Combine quinoa with remaining cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cook according to package directions.
3. When apples and quinoa have cooled slightly (not completely, but they shouldn't be scalding), layer in a glass, alternating quinoa, Greek yogurt, and apple mixture until used up.
Recipe provided by HowSweetEats.com