- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: 45 minutes
- For fish:
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus more to serve
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound mahi mahi, cod, or tilapia, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed
- For roasted corn salsa:
- 1 cob roasted corn, shaved
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 avocado, finely diced
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, chili, cumin, and sea salt. Add fish and toss well to coat. Cover with plastic and place in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make corn salsa. In a large bowl, combine corn, onion, cucumber, sea salt, and lime juice. Gently fold in avocado. Set aside.
3. Heat coconut oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add fish and cook for approximately 7 minutes until firm and opaque. Place cooked fish in warmed tortillas. Top with corn salsa and fresh lime juice.
Recipe adapted from The Bikini Body Diet by Tara Kraft. Copyright Zinczenko/AMI Ventures, 2013.