- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 1,084mg Sodium
- 22g Carbs
- 7g Fiber
- 32.5g Fat
- 26g Saturated Fat
- 30g Protein
- 934mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
This pizza not only has veggies on top but also built into the crust. Topped with mild spinach and artichokes and three types of cheese, it’s a super gooey and indulgent treat.
Appropriate for: Paleo, gluten-free, vegetarian, low-carb, low-sugar diets
- For crust:
- 1 head (1 1/4 pounds) cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon sesame or chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs de Provence (or dried basil or oregano)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- For pizza:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 dash red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9- or 10-inch round pizza pan or rectangular baking sheet.
2. To make crust, shred and chop cauliflower into fine crumbles with a chef’s knife or food processor. Place in a large microwave-safe with garlic. Cover and microwave 7 to 8 minutes. Uncover, drain, and let cool about 5 to 10 minutes. Add remaining crust ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste, and mix well. Spread onto pan and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. To make pizza, preheat a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Place spinach in a large microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cook for about 8 minutes on high. Drain.
4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and shallot to the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Add spinach, and sauté for 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
5. Place artichokes into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Stir in spinach mixture.
6. Drizzle crust with remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Spread spinach and cheese mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and red pepper flakes. Add a few tablespoons ricotta cheese on top. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes until cheeses are melted and bubbly, and crust edges are light golden brown. Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe provided by Kristen of TheArtfulGourmet.com