- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 243mg Sodium
- 21g Carbs
- 3g Fiber
- 9.5g Fat
- 4g Saturated Fat
- 12g Protein
- 167mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
Crispy on the outside yet soft and chewy inside, these mini cakes are bursting with refreshing herbs and slightly nutty Gruyere. Serve them as appetizers or as a main meal with a dollop of Greek yogurt served over a bed of mixed greens.
Appropriate for: Clean, low-sugar, vegetarian diets
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs. Add onion, mint, parsley, cheese, breadcrumbs, and salt. Mix well. Add cooked quinoa and combine well.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and drizzle in olive oil. Form eight tightly packed 2-inch patties and place in the pan. Cook about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
*Nutrition information based on 2 cakes per serving.
Recipe provided by Kelly of EatYourselfSkinny.com