- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: 45 minutes
- 2,039mg Sodium
- 75g Carbs
- 12g Fiber
- 34g Fat
- 8g Saturated Fat
- 6g Sugars
- 23g Protein
- 371mg Calcium
- 8mg Iron
Brunch doesn't have to be overflowing with calories and fat. This burrito recipe is packed with amino acids and hangover-fighting ingredients like asparagus, fennel seed, sweet potatoes, and eggs. Enjoy after a night out to help you feel like yourself again, or with your girlfriends for a healthy and festive start to a lazy Sunday.
- 1 yam or sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 red or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus pieces cut on the bias
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 12-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 tablespoon grated gruyère
- 1 cup arugula
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Toss yam with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Roast for about 30 minutes until fork-tender.
3. Meanwhile heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add onion and sauté until fragrant, approximately 5 minutes. Add asparagus and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add eggs, fennel seeds, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook over medium-low heat until light and fluffy.
5. Lay out 1 tortilla and evenly spread half the egg mixture down the center. Top with gruyere, arugula, and roasted yams. Fold over one side and roll into a burrito shape. Repeat with remaining tortilla.