- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 24
- Start to Finish: about 1 hour
- 150mg Sodium
- 7g Carbs
- 0g Fiber
- 1g Fat
- 0g Saturated Fat
- 2g Protein
- 17mg Calcium
- 1 medium (or 2 small) sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet white miso paste
- 1/2 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely diced chives, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash sweet potato and prick several times with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast 45 minutes to 1 hour, until it can be easily pierced with a knife. Remove from oven, cover baking sheet loosely with tin foil, and allow to cool completely.
2. Once cool, remove skins from sweet potato (discard or save them for another use). Place sweet potato flesh in a mixing bowl and smash with a fork.
3. Add sweet potato and remaining ingredients to a food processor. Puree until smooth, adding salt to taste. Garnish with extra chives.
*Nutrition information based on 2 tablespoons per serving.
Recipe provided by Laura Lea Bryant, certified health-supportive chef, of LLBalanced.com