- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: less than 30 minutes
- Prep: 8 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 309mg Sodium
- 7g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 6g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 5g Sugars
- 4g Protein
- 22mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
Fire up your grill for these meaty mushrooms that are so easy to make.
- 8 medium portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 bunches arugula
1. Stem and grill mushrooms by removing dark vents on the underside of mushroom caps to reveal white meat. Peel caps using a paring knife to remove the paper-thin, dark exterior.
2. Brush mushrooms lightly with olive oil and grill both sides until brown, about 5 minutes per side.
3. Place 2 mushrooms on each plate and drizzle with extra-vigin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top portobellos with arugula salad, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
*Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.