- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: less than 30 minutes
- 144mg Sodium
- 8g Carbs
- 6g Fiber
- 8g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 1g Sugars
- 8g Protein
- 247mg Calcium
- 5mg Iron
This recipe was featured in our March 2006 story "How Stars Stay Slim," and is from Hollywood Dish by Hollywood caterer and chef Akasha Richardson.
- 2 bunches (about 2 pounds) rapini (also called broccoli rabe or Italian broccoli), bottoms trimmed and stems peeled
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1. Roughly chop rapini and drop into a large stockpot of rapidly boiling salted water. Cook for about 1 minute, then drain.
2. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add rapini, salt, and pepper, and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until rapini stems are tender. Season with salt, pepper, and basil. Garnish with pine nuts.