- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 20
- Start to Finish: less than 4 hours
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 60 minutes
- 122mg Sodium
- 8g Carbs
- 0g Fiber
- 6g Fat
- 3g Saturated Fat
- 5g Sugars
- 3g Protein
- 37mg Calcium
- 0mg Iron
This easy cheesecake recipe, courtesy of Katie Brown, author of numerous cookbooks, doesn’t require a special cheesecake pan. They’re a perfect dessert to take to any party or picnic.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
- 1/3 cup light butter, melted
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8-inch square pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, Splenda, and butter, mixing well. Firmly press mixture evenly in bottom of prepared pan. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
3. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add Splenda, beating until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla, beating just until blended. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour blueberry cheesecake mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until firm. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Cover and chill 2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, combine apricot preserves and water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until jam melts. Spread over cheesecake; cut into bars.