- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 30 minutes
- 36mg Sodium
- 50g Carbs
- 6g Fiber
- 8g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 9g Protein
- 118mg Calcium
Quintessential fall flavors turn a bowl of quinoa into a warm and comforting morning meal that will keep you satisfied until lunch.
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup warmed fat-free milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 1 gala apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1. Combine quinoa, water, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes until quinoa can be fluffed with a fork.
2. Divide cooked quinoa between four bowls. Stir in applesauce and raisins, and pour in milk. Top with apples, pecans, and more cinnamon.
Recipe provided by SkinnyTaste.com