- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: 1 to 4 1/2 hours
- 251mg Sodium
- 10g Carbs
- 0g Fiber
- 7g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 11g Protein
- 140mg Calcium
- 3 cups plain whole or 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 pound Persian cucumbers, grated
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- White pepper
- Fresh mint sprigs or roughly chopped mint, for garnish
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, and 1 cup milk. Whisk. Add more milk gradually, whisking after each addition, until yogurt reaches your desired consistency.
2. Wrap grated cucumber in cheesecloth or a clean tea towel and squeeze to remove excess moisture. Stir into yogurt along with dill, garlic, salt, and white pepper to taste. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
3. Whisk soup once more before serving, adding more milk to thin texture if required and adjusting seasoning if needed. Serve topped with mint. Stir in lemon juice to brighten flavor or top with chopped walnuts for a sweet and nutty crunch, if desired.
*Nutrition information based on 2% Greek yogurt.