- Skill Level:
- Serves: 1
- Start to Finish: Less than 30 minutes
- 408mg Sodium
- 44g Carbs
- 18g Fiber
- 14g Fat
- 7g Saturated Fat
- 33g Protein
- 241mg Calcium
- 7mg Iron
Black bean spaghetti (such as Explore Asia’s Organic Black Bean Spaghetti) is a gluten-free version that’s firmer than white pasta and goes great with Mexican flavors.
- Sea salt
- 2 ounces black bean spaghetti
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 fresh lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Garlic salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 thin slices avocado
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1/3 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain 2% Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- Hot sauce or cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
1. Add 1 pinch sea salt to 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and reduce heat to low. Let simmer about 8 minutes or until cooked to desired.
2. Combine corn, butter, 1 wedge of lime juice, cilantro, and garlic salt to taste, if desired.
3. Drain pasta and top with cheddar. Add avocado, corn mixture, tomatoes, and jalapeno. Add 1 more squeeze lime juice and top with Greek yogurt, green onions, hot sauce, and extra cilantro, if desired.
Recipe provided by Jennifer Salzano-Sites of The 3volution of j3nn