Two favorites combine in this recipe to form a protein-rich, low-carb dinner that comes together in a flash.
1 (5-ounce) raw boneless, skinless lean chicken breast cutlet (try Tyson's Grilled & Ready chicken breasts), pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, plus more for seasoning tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon onion powder, plus more for seasoning tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons diced onion
1 stick light string cheese
1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
4 slices turkey pepperoni, chopped
1 teaspoon reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
Crushed red pepper, for serving, optional
Fresh oregano leaves, for serving, optional
1. Season chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
2. Bring 2 skillets sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. In one skillet, cook bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
3. In the other skillet, cook chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Place crushed tomatoes in a small bowl and season to taste with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Evenly spoon seasoned tomatoes onto chicken in skillet. Tear string cheese into pieces and place over the tomatoes.
5. Top chicken with vegetables and turkey pepperoni. Cover with a lid and continue to cook until the cheese softens, 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Plate your pizza-fied chicken and sprinkle with grated topping. Garnish with crushed red pepper and oregano, if using. Enjoy!
282 calories, 5.75g fat, 868mg sodium, 10g carbs, 2g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 44g protein