- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: less than 30 minutes
- 485mg Sodium
- 25g Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 8g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 9g Protein
- 141mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
- 10 mini whole-wheat pitas
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches (6 cups) kale, stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 5 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or line a cupcake tin with paper lines. Cut pitas into fourths to make triangle-shaped chips. Place on baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned.
2. Wash kale and pat dry. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale and pepper cook about 5 minutes until kale is just wilted and pepper is tender. Remove from stove.
3. Assemble nachos by placing 3 pita chips into each cupcake. Top with kale, red pepper, and feta. Add 1 pinch sea salt to each. Bake for about 5 minutes until kale just starts to crisp. (Note: Feta will not melt.) Remove from oven and enjoy immediately.
Recipe provided by KellyGoLightly.com