Scrambles, frittatas, and other egg-dominant meals aren’t the only way to fit more produce into your mornings. These savory, fiber and protein-packed dishes make breakfast worth waking up for.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: 45 minutes
- 334mg Sodium
- 18g Carbs
- 3g Fiber
- 12g Fat
- 4g Saturated Fat
- 13g Protein
- 127mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
- 6 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded kale (or spinach or arugula)
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 3 slices (1 ounce) bacon, rendered and crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced avocado, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1/2 cup salsa, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Stack tortillas on top each other and microwave about 15 seconds until warm and pliable.
3. Lightly coat six ramekins with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla inside each ramekin, folding to fit. In each tortilla, layer kale, crack 1 egg on top, and sprinkle with salt. Top each with 1/2 tablespoon cheese, 2 tomatoes, onion, pepper, and bacon. Divide remaining cheese among cups.
4. Place taco cups on a baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until egg whites are set and yolks are nearly done. Garnish with avocado, cilantro, and salsa.
Recipe provided by Dev Weider of BevCooks.com