- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 8
- Start to Finish: 1 hour
- 227mg Sodium
- 32g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 12g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 6g Protein
- 82mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
Make this recipe on the weekend and have an easy on-the-go breakfast or snack all week. Feel free to add nuts or extra spices such as nutmeg if you’d like.
Appropriate for: clean, low-sugar, vegetarian diets
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour (or gluten-free flour of choice), plus more for pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, for pan
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. With a hand mixer, beat together banana, oil, eggs, vanilla, and water until creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Gradually add dry mixture to wet ingredients, beating well. Pour batter into a gently oiled and floured 9-by-5-inch loaf pan and spread evenly. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
Recipe provided by blogger Andrea Drugay