Regardless of your diet du jour, these 20 scrumptious meals are guaranteed to become your go-tos during the autumn months. From a warming chili to pumpkin pancakes, we've got the perfect recipe to satisfy your craving for hearty, yet healthy, comfort food.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 26
- Start to Finish: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 26mg Sodium
- 12g Carbs
- 1g Fiber
- 8g Fat
- 4g Saturated Fat
- 2g Protein
- 15mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
As wonderful as Girl Scout cookies are, they’re only available part of the year—and contain gluten (as well as some questionable ingredients). Satisfy your craving any time and let your gluten-free friends in on the fun with this recipe.
Appropriate for: clean, gluten-free, paleo, vegetarian diets
- For cookies:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- For topping:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
1. To make cookies, combine flour, coconut, and baking soda in a food processor. Pulse in remaining ingredients until dough forms. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 1/4-inch thick. Use a 2-inch cookie cutter to cut out rounds and use a knife to cut holes in center of rounds if desired. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool cookies completely on baking sheet.
3. To make topping, melt chocolate in a saucepan over very low heat. Dip base of each cookie into chocolate and place on parchment paper to set.
4. To make caramel, place coconut sugar, coconut nectar, and coconut milk in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, then decrease heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove mixture from heat and stir in toasted coconut. Use a small spoon to drizzle caramel-coconut mixture onto cookies. Drizzle additional chocolate over cookies and sprinkle with extra coconut if desired. Place cookies in refrigerator to set.
Recipe provided by ElanasPantry.com