It's National Raspberry Cake Day (yup, that's a real thing!). What better way to celebrate is there than by eating raspberries? Even if you don't want or like raspberry cake, we've got plenty of alternatives. Here are 5 of our favorite ways to eat raspberries!
5 Healthy and Delicious Raspberry Recipes
1. Chilled raspberry soup. You may have put raspberries into smoothies, but have you ever made them into a soup? Technically, this recipe calls for strawberries, but we think it tastes just as good if you use raspberries instead.
2. Raspberry-Chocolate Angel Food Cake. It is Raspberry Cake Day after all! We couldn't not put cake on the list. This delectable dessert is full of cocoa powder, which aside from being delicious, contains cancer-fighting polyphenols.
3. Grilled shrimp with raspberries. If you're not a dessert person, but are still looking for a way to enjoy the tart taste of raspberries while they're in season, try this easy nutritious recipe for dinner.
4. Raspberry vinaigrette. If you're short on time, you can put together this recipe for raspberry vinaigrette in only 10 minutes. Throw it on your favorite summer salad for an easy way to a good mix of fruits and vegetables.
5. Raspberry ruby. Who said you had to eat all your raspberries? Mix some up in this delicious, low-calorie cocktail, and enjoy a great way to stay cool this hot summer.