You can use your keyboard to see the next slide ( ← previous, → next)
1 of 7
Oatmeal Bowl and Nutritional Shake
I jumpstart my day with a bowl of steel cut oats with flaxseed, almond milk, walnuts, berries, cinnamon, and Stevia. Why these ingredients? Here’s a quick rundown of the nutritional benefits:
- Steel cut oats: High in fiber, protein, B vitamins, and iron
- Flaxseed: High in fiber and a quality source of omega-3 fats and lignans, antioxidants that have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties
- Almond milk: High in vitamins A, D, and E, which act as antioxidants, protecting the body’s cells from damage.
- Walnuts: High in polyunsaturated fats (promote healthy blood vessels) and B vitamins (support the nervous system)
- Berries: Naturally sweet, high in fiber, water, and vitamin C
- Cinnamon: Anti-inflammatory, helps balance blood sugar
- Stevia: Calorie-free, low-glycemic, plant-based sweetener (not artificial, no aspartame)
Since I train hard six days a week, I need to make sure that I’m getting enough protein. That's one reason why I drink a plant-based protein shake after every workout (with my breakfast today). I mixed up a Vega One Nutritional Shake—high in plant-based proteins (15g), fiber (6g), greens, probiotics, omega-3s, and antioxidants. Plus, it provides 50 percent of my daily recommended intake of vitamins and minerals. It doesn't get much more convenient than that!